Ema Hossain Design Portfolio

Take a look at my other blog EmaHossainDesign Portfolio to see more about my design work

Inspirations from the Spring Knitting and stitching show

I love going to the Knitting and Stitching show to see the textile exhibits. At this years Spring Knitting and Sitching show, I met a textile designers who really inspired me. 

Mary Sleigh was exhibiting with Jan Miller who used textiles. I didn't get to meet Jan but had a chance to ask Mary about her work and inspirations. She had some wonderful work displayed using found objects from the Norfolk coast. 

I particularly liked the books she made with prints of sea inspired designs 


Books by Mary Sleigh

Books & leather pouches by Mary Sleigh 


I also loved the little cane egg like cages she had made with found objects that had been painted gold. 

Art work by Mary Sleigh

This work is part of Mary Sleigh's current project 'Keeping Safe'

You can find out more about Mary Sleigh from her website 

http://www.lizard-dance.com/index.html


I was also inspired by talking to another textile artist Louise Baldwin. 
Louise's work is colourful and uses the treads and fabric textures to create interesting artworks.

Textile art by Louise Baldwin


Textile work by Louise Baldwin



I particularly liked her textile work with stitched portraits. 

Textile art by Louise Baldwin


We talked about how much practice it takes to get portraits right and I was inspired to have a go, so I bought some black silk thread to try out this technique soon. 

You can find out more about Louise Baldwin here 

http://www.62group.org.uk/artist/louise-baldwin/

No comments:

Post a Comment