Ema Hossain Design Portfolio

Take a look at my other blog EmaHossainDesign Portfolio to see more about my design work

Beautiful cushions dip dyed & tie dyed with Dylon Antique grey

Tie dye & dip dyed cushions have very much been in the home and interior magazines and shops this year, so I have been planning to  create some interesting cushions. I wanted a grey blue duck egg colour and found that the Antique grey worked to create this look if the fabric is left dry and the dye time is literally a few minutes. I used cotton linen look cotton cushion covers.

I used one Dylon Antique Grey dye hand dye sachet  in a diluted form with a short time in the dye solution to create three beautiful tie dyed & dip dyed cushions. I fortunately I didn't photograph the method but it follows the same principle of tying the cushion fabric to create folds & pleats for the tie tie look.


Here are two of the cushions.
The fist was dip dyed by first dipping one edge, then the other edge, then the fabric was folded in half and the middle dyed to create the strip.

The secod cushion on the right what tie dyed to create a circular central pattern.


A close up the beautiful tie dye pattern 


The back of the cushion looks like this.

I am also happy with this design which sold and made it's way to a remote address in Scotland, it's nice to think someone is enjoying it in their home.



It's very easy to create stunning designs for cushions with tie dye. You can create subtle designs like I have here or you can create really bold patterns using bright vibrant colours.




No comments:

Post a Comment